recent posts

social media menu

Tricia Guild inspiration
(and interview in today's Independent)



My mum used to take me to Tricia Guild's shop on the King's Road in the 1980s (I was the small child struggling to fulfill my brief of frightening off traffic wardens because I was too busy gawping in the window of this extraordinary emporium of colour while she was inside, shopping).

Last week I interviewed the owner and founder of the Designer's Guild and was inspired to build on my brewing urge for some vibrant colours in my house. She has a (huge) new book out, A Certain Style - also very inspiring, as it charts her magic-making interior design on an array of very different homes, from a country farmhouse with a mid-modern twist to a Norman manor house whose heavy dark panelling was lifted with her innovative palette.

I'm going to post up some pictures of my hall, which is currently half white, half bare plaster. I also need some bright cushions to make my kitchen bench seat work. I'll be canvassing for opinions... Meanwhile, read my interview with her in today's Independent.



No comments :

Post a Comment