recent posts

social media menu

Muji goodies for Christmas

Muji's Christmas range always excites me – as they introduce new lines exclusive to that time of the year. I bought a rather lovely ceramic Battersea Power Station incense burner for a friend (plain white, very simple, totally beautiful) and last year I was given a sweet ceramic bunny rabbit moneybox, again in simple white ceramic. 

OK, so it's only July... a bit premature. But there are "Christmas in July" preview shows a-go-go on the industry side of things at the moment – so as I've got the photos, I thought I'd share my pick from the December range right now. Now all you have to do is wait...

Soap stone animals, £6.95
These soap stone animals come in many more varieties and subtly different shades beyond these four staples.

I love the retro stylings – particularly the lion, which reminds me of the supercool Benny Casa version by Marilyn Neuhart, contemporary of and collaborator with Eames and Alexander Girard.


Apple puzzle, £12.95
If you're a wooden-toys-only-idealist, this is a great kids' present. In fact, it's almost too good for the littl'uns.

You can either hang it in a frame, or allow sticky fingers to peel off the outer layer to reveal a worm inside...


Aroma diffuser, £45
The sleek design of this unobtrusive room fragrance dispenser is so Japanese. And to go in it, choose from Muji's range of scented essential oils – bergamot, grapefruit, eucalyptus, rosemary and more (£3.95 each). Beats a sickly Glade Plug-in, eh?

Cityscape letter and pen stand, £9.95
The cards Muji do in this design are also lovely – I have one displayed in a perspex box on my desk. But this one is eminently more practical, particularly on a desk. Choose from London, Pris, Tokyo and New York. Perfect present for someone homesick and far away.

History in a box, £14.95
Again, if children's stuff makes you happiest when it's made of wood this should do the trick. The theme is transport and there's aviation, nautical and automobile history to choose from. Great for learning. Even better looking stylish on a shelf.

No comments :

Post a Comment