recent posts

social media menu

Neisha Crosland's vinyl
floor tiles

Vinyl flooring has been getting better and more interesting in recent years – and is a brilliantly affordable way to get yourself a stylish floor. I have my whole ground floor done in dark grey vinyl, which I love (though it's not quite as good at hiding muddy dog paw prints as I'd hoped...). 

Now the textile designer, Neisha Crosland, has brought out a range which is on sale at John Lewis.

It looks just like old-school ceramic floor tiles, doesn't it? Except you won't break your cereal bowl if you drop it in an early morning daze on this flooring, which costs just £47.89 for 12 tiles (seen individually, below) at John Lewis.

"A painted floor in an old house inspired this Celtic Cross design" says Crosland. "I think it works very well as an alternative to a chequerboard pattern." The tiles come in Charcoal, Sage, Stone or Turquoise. They are available from next month at Harvey Maria. Understated and classy.

From my own experience, vinyl flooring is excellently practical but I wouldn't advise trying to fit it yourself. It shows the tiniest bumps on whatever's underneath it (including joins between MDF boards), so needs very careful preparation of the existing floor to look slick. It can also be more fragile than one would expect and can tear; but only if you drag, say, kitchen appliances across it. Until I had mine fitted, I didn't know you could also get colour-matched caulk, or silicone filler (which may mean nothing if you are not a DIY nerd like me) to give the edges the tidiest finish. A good idea.

Above, an example of Neisha Crosland's more traditional tile designs – these vibrant beauties are the Haveli collection.

Above, clockwise from left Find alternative vinyl flooring also worth checking out from: The Colour Flooring Company, who sell a range of gorgeous vibrant colours in sheet vinyl form, Zazous, which also supplies Victorian-reminiscent patterns and Cath Kidston, whose trademark florals as well as her cowboy print and different coloured dotty designs now come in floor tiles. 

10 comments :

  1. I’d have to check with you here. Which is not something I usually do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people believe. Also, thanks for permitting me to comment!

    hardwood flooring

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flooring provides a varnishing look at the house as it will make your house completely. In this context variety of floor tiles are available in the market which will broaden your wings of thoughts and creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice home and lovely design, especially the vinyl tiling..love the contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go for the oak flooring! Looks great in any home .. stylish, long lasting and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiles is also a good flooring option on your house and there are several types of tiles such as ceramic, porcelain and limestone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use only in the kitchen (for wiping up counters and messes; the used ones get hung to dry, and then put in a bucket until there are enough to make a washing machine load and others I use for general housecleaning. Hardwood Flooring Calgary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post! I have always found it impressive when someone can do a great job with vinyl flooring in Toronto. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Are you well?

    It helps me to know about on yourhomeislovely.blogspot.com this. It is very helpful in using social media sites.its a Valiable site for all the people .I always like this website .You have been shown importance topic in your content. It will inspire me always. This is very nice post! I will bookmark this blog as I have Welcome to Rugstar.com.au, Australia's favorite on-line rug buying groceries in Australia: we get direct offers from the manufacturer to you! We promote an out of this world range of Australian favourite Area Rugs, carpet rug, by way of shopping online you'll stay on shaggy, up to date, wool, traditional and plenty of different rug designs.


    Thank You Very Much For a Nice & Cool Article.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vinyldeck has made some amazing progress from the times of the meager designed vinyl, we take up with our grandmas kitchens. Yes that same vinyl that discoloured, peeled, tore and even had the example rub off leaving those white patches all around.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what a post. thanks for sharing.
    Find amazing rugs in west london with several colors and designs.
    rugs in west london

    ReplyDelete