recent posts

social media menu

Olivia Streatfeild-James's beautiful Scottish nature prints

I'm having an illustration binge this week. I can't remember how I came across the beautiful, nature-inspired drawings and linocut prints of Olivia Streatfeild-James, but here they are. They're great.

"My love of nature and the outdoors started at an early age," says Olivia, "as I was born and grew up in rural Perthshire in Scotland. My inspiration is drawn from my surroundings; the local landscape and how it changes through the seasons.

Hare, limited edition, £50. Prices for the linocut prints start at £30 and go up to £125, according to dimensions and limited edition status.

Castlemilk Moorit Ram, limited edition linocut print, £50
Fluffy Chaffinch, limited edition, £30

Scottish Wildcat, £125

"Where possible," Olivia continues, "I prefer to photograph animals myself. The pheasant in my collection likes to spend time in our garden and the hedgerow birds are all from the hedge outside the window of my studio. The hares were photographed on a local farm." I love that – it makes gives the drawings a much more precious quality, don't you think?

Olivia sells her work as prints, and also printed onto crisp linen/cotton tea-towels, which I love (and if you're on a tight budget, you could always frame one of those, rather than drying plates with it). Find out more in Olivia Streatfeild-James's online shop and at her website.

No comments :

Post a Comment