recent posts

social media menu

Away day

Apologies for today's lack of proper posting... I am here at my grandma's house in St Ives, Cornwall. She died last year (at the spectacular age of 101) and I've come to tackle the mammoth task of sorting through all her wonderful things and working out what to do with them.

It is sad – but also lovely to keep finding letters I wrote to her when I was 10 (big bubble handwriting and mainly a lot about how much I loved horses) as well as a beautiful silver dressing table set engraved with my initials which she must have forgotten about, as it had a note with it saying "for Kate, when she is 21" (yes, I know it's hard to believe, but I am very slightly older than that now...).



Tomorrow, I shall post some photos of all the treasures I shall be bringing home to remember her by, and assimilate into my own home – including a wonderful old paint spattered wooden stool she used to have in her studio (she was an artist), some of her paintings, some 1950s crockery... and so on. Until then, I'll leave you with this view out of her back door. It's quite a good one, isn't it?

You can also see some other posts about St Ives here and here.

2 comments :

  1. What a difficult, special and important job you have in front of you. Hope it goes as well as it can. May sea air and pasties bring comfort,

    Miriam

    ReplyDelete