recent posts

social media menu

The Kitchn is doing a cookbook!

A tiny post for anyone who doesn't read The Kitchn, the excellent off-shoot of the ace American interiors website, Apartment Therapy.

I can't get enough of its mix of totally do-able daily recipes that use everyday ingredients (and not too many) in interesting ways and lovely – homely not hi-techy – kitchens (like this beauty). If you don't read it I urge you to sign up to the daily emails; it has helped me to pull off many a "oh I just threw this together last minute" dish (the avocado and egg breakfast pizza was a recent triumph).

All images: The Kitchn


The book promises to be a 150-page epic tome, capturing all the brilliance of the online recipes. As they mention in their post about it, a one-ingredient recipe for banana ice-cream is included, and I hope they continue with the spectacular indexing system they have on the site: dishes are categorised by nationality, special occasion, course, meal, ease and other clever divisions. Which just makes for a really inspiring way to search for something to cook.

They are still shooting photography for it and, sob, it isn't out until autumn 2014. So here, meanwhile, are some highlights from the website to keep you (and me) going...

Apple and cinnamon mini monkey breads with a lemon glaze

South African cheese and onion braaibroodjie

Artichoke, kale and ricotta pie

2 comments :

  1. I didn't know this site and I just took a look. It's gorgeous, inspiring and kind of comforting too. The tone doesn't lecture you if you know what I mean. Also I wanted to say that I really loved your post about your grandmother too. The detail and all the objects full of memories. She looked an incredibly elegant lady. Also I did say hi to my friend Miriam . . . Just so you know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh brill - I am a little evangelical about it, so always glad to hear others have discovered it and enjoyed it. Thanks too for nice comments about my post about my gran - she's a lot to live up to in the glamour stakes for sure. And glad the greetings were passed on!

      Delete