recent posts

social media menu

Introducing... Jen Collins, illustrator and ceramicist

I haven't yet got the hang of Instagram – I know, late in the game, but blame Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and life – I have no followers and can't work out how to find people...

... but I have already made my first lovely discovery and may just find myself hooked. (Do come find me by the way, and share your tips!)

Above: sitting tigers, £50 each

Glasgow-based illustrator/ceramicist Jen Collins makes these beauties. The artist, who turned to ceramics because she wanted to apply her drawing style to more than a flat surface, runs an online ceramics shop, called Bolden, where you can find these top cats as well as the pieces below.

Above: loaf rabbit, £30 each

Above: plant cats, £22 each

Above: seated lion, £50

Above: snoozer bowl, £5

I make no apologies for my love of animal-themed home embellishments – and for posting about them so regularly. Besides, they always seem to go down well. The post about Anna Chilton's tiger mugs was a big hitter, and the beautiful but mad equine coat-hanger I featured a while back even inspired one American reader to cut her own Breyer horse in half and make a pair of bookends – which you can see here.

But just to mix things up a bit, here are Jen's animal-free 'Little Dishes', below, £25 apiece.

Jen also has an Etsy shop where lots of her lovely illustrations are for sale in the form of greetings and post cards, prints, notebooks and tote bags.



Jen describes her work as "inspired by people real and fictional, good ol’ nature and everyday occurrences, no matter how insignificant".

Prices start at under £2 for a pair of these postcards of people with their pets...

...called How Sweet It Is. Ahhh.

See more of Jen's work at hellojenuine.com and find her ceramics at bolden.bigcartel.com and her buy her 2D work at her Etsy shop


No comments :

Post a Comment